Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Short and sweet

It's Wednesday night, Ava's asleep, Jason's at worship practice, and I'm sitting on the couch listening to the rain (and a movie on Oxygen).  I've been opening the kitchen windows a lot because of this beautiful weather... such a comforting sound.  And now comes the thunder.... ahhhh.  Ava has a musical lullaby CD I play for her every night and in addition to the lullabies you can hear nature sounds here and there.  I remember one of the first times I played it... sitting in her dark room rocking her and I heard the gentle rain and thunder on the CD.  I was in HEAVEN.  I could have sat there all night rocking her.  I was just thinking tonight, as I was rocking her at bedtime while she took her last bottle, "How much longer am I going to be able to rock her at night?"  My girl is growing too fast! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment