Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring time is here

Spring is here!  As much as I love layering up during the colder weather, I think I love riding with the windows down even more.  We've had some back and forth weather here in Memphis, but I'm hoping that since we've made it to the end of March, the cold days are behind us. 

We celebrated the first day of Spring (yesterday) by starting seedlings for our garden!  Last week Jason, my father-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew brought in soil and laid out a 12 X 16 space for the garden.  We knew we would have to wait a while to plant (with the back and forth March weather), so seedlings were the way to go.  We started herbs (basil, dill, cilantro, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and chamomile) and vegetables (sweet corn, cucumbers, broccoli, 2 types of lettuce, green beans, zucchini, and carrots) yesterday and will buy some tomato plants when it's time to plant.   We also bought seed potatoes to plant.  I can't wait to see the seedlings sprout in the next several days.  Then this summer, hopefully we'll have some successful and delicious veggies.  Tomato, basil and mozzarella salad, roasted rosemary red potatoes, grilled zucchini... mmmmm.  Let's hope I have a green thumb! 

My sweet nephew working hard



Covering the dirt. 

My seedlings! 

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could start a garden... There's just no time right now!

    ReplyDelete